Have you been curious about what’s happening at Southbank’s first annual gala? Wonder no longer! Here’s the plan for the evening!
7:00-7:30, Arrive, mingle, get some food and drinks
7:30, Welcome by emcee Lola Lavacious
7:35 – Programming begins!
8:30 – Silent Auction winners announced.
We’re lucky to have some wonderful entertainment for the evening!
Taylor Martin, Magician
“The Star,” a short play by Andrew Black
A preview song from Troilus and Cressida with Brant Hughes, Lola Lavacious, and Dustin Klein (piano)
“Tag,” a short play by Mark Harvey Levine
Season 3 announcement and a special preview video
We’ll have seven silent auction packages available! Some packages also come with two tickets to a show of your choice this season!
- Original paintings (acrylic and mixed media on plexiglass) by Trick Blanchfield, used in The Profession. “St. Sebastian” and “Adam and Eve.” Sold together or separately. Starting bid: $50 per painting. Proceeds from the sale of these paintings will be split 50/50 with the artist. Bonus: Two tickets are included to a Southbank show of your choice for this season!
2. Handmade crocheted blanket: Artistic director Marcia Eppich-Harris makes handmade gorgeous crocheted blankets, and she’s finishing her latest project just in time for our Gala. This one can be yours! It’s about 60″ x 60″, and made with Lion Brand “Feels Like Butta Yarn.” We’ll even throw in our favorite hot chocolate mix and a Southbank coffee mug to help you get through the winter all warm and snug with your super soft blanket! And you can have two tickets to a Southbank show of your choice this season! (Retail value for handmade crafts varies widely, but it has about $80 worth of yarn in it! Estimated value: $140) Starting bid: $50
3. TikiKitchen glasses set! 2 each of the Tiki Bob Zombie, the Tangaroa Tumbler, and Honu’s Reef Mai Tai Glass. (6 glasses total. Retail value: $104) Keep them for yourself or give them as Christmas gifts! Two tickets to a Southbank show of your choice this season included! Starting bid: $60
4. Send a Friend Lasagna gift basket! A $60 bottle of wine donated by Vine and Table, chocolate truffles, and a gift card to Send a Friend Lasagna — the very best lasagna in town. Thank you to Vine and Table and Send a Friend Lasagna for your support! Two tickets to a Southbank show of your choice this season included! (Retail value: $200-210) Starting bid: $55
5. Seats for the Season! We’re offering two tickets and two free drinks of your choice (water, soda, wine, or beer) to each of our shows for the rest of the season! See Natural Shocks, Didn’t See That Coming, and Troilus and Cressida — our next three shows — and have 2 drinks on us! BONUS: We’ll also include streaming of The Profession from home in case you missed it! (Retail value: up to $200) Starting bid: $75.
6. New!! Celebrate Our Neighbors! We have a lot of great theatre in this town, and we want you to see as much of it as you can! This auction item will include:
- 2 tickets to see Catalyst Repertory Theatre’s next show — Streetcar Named Desire at IndyFringe!
- 4 tickets to see American Lives Theatre’s next two shows — Heroes of the Fourth Turning by Will Arbery (January at IndyFringe) and Predictor by Jennifer Blackmer (May 2023 at Phoenix Theatre). Use them all at once, or split them up and see both!
- 2 tickets to see Clerical Error Productions‘ next show — A Holiday Vaudeville Revue at District Theatre, December 3 at 7:30 (one night only!)
- 4 tickets to Theatre Unchained‘s A (Happy) Holiday, December 2-10 at Arts for Lawrence!
- Retail value: $240-$300. Starting bid: $100
7. Music for a night! We’ve partnered with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra to offer 2 tickets to their performance of Brahms’s Second Piano Concerto featuring pianist Stephen Hough. November 4, 2022, at 8:00 p.m., at Hilbert Circle Theatre. Stephen Hough, one of the world’s top pianists, takes the ISO through Brahms’s Second Piano Concerto, a masterpiece of the genre and a showcase of Brahms’s unrivaled creativity. José Luis Gomez conducts the Overture to Verdi’s opera La Forza del Destino – a dramatic tale of soaring intensity – along with Strauss’s Der Rosenkavalier, an opera that revels in the splendor and charm of Vienna’s golden age! Retail value: $136. Starting bid: $50